Animated Banner

Photobucket

Monday, June 29, 2009

Today Is The Day...

Well, today is the day. We are supposed to be at the hospital by 4:45 this morning to begin our induction. We're exactly 38 weeks today, but the doctor wants to move forward and get our little guy delivered. I've been having quite a bit of blood pressure issues, so they finally decided it was getting high enough that they needed to put me on bp medicine to control it. It worked for a little bit, but is beginning to rise again, so they feel the best thing possible for all concerned is to go ahead and deliver.

I can hardly believe that today is the day (well hopefully, today is the day). They're starting our labor around 5:00 am, but that doesn't necessarily mean that baby Dakota will put in an appearance today. I certainly hope so, but you never know!!!

I finished packing everything last night, then tried to sleep for a while. I ended up with about 3 hours of sleep, but I guess that will just have to do. I got up early this morning (1:30) so that I could get all cleaned/groomed up. I took a nice, long shower. I shaved my legs/underarms. Got dressed, and now I'm all done with an extra hour to kill, so you see what I'm doing with my spare time.

It seems like this has been such a long and emotional- rough and rocky road, that I will be more than happy to reach the end of it. However, I have to admit that I'm a little nervous at the same time. I know I can do this and that we'll be fine once we're home, but there is always that little voice in the back of your head that convinces you that you're going to have trouble. I've been around babies/little kids a lot in my life (I mean my youngest brother is 15 years younger than me and I did a lot of baby-sitting in my time), but it is different when they're your own and you have complete care of them 24 hours a day. Oh well, I guess I just need to let nature take over and tackle this one day at a time. We'll let tomorrow take care of itself (for now).

I'll post some pictures of our little man soon.

So, let the fun begin!!!


2 comments:

Corin said...

Good Luck and Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures.

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy....Patiently waiting on pics and details of your exciting day :)