Animated Banner

Photobucket

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Weekend Plans Cancelled...

Well, we were all set to return to Schuyler County this weekend to attend the Downing Appreciation Days, but now those plans have been cancelled.

My little Dakota was pretty fussy last night, but I couldn't figure out why. He wasn't running a fever, but you just couldn't seem to make him happy. I was up most of the night with him (by myself as my husband works the night shift). I kept rocking him, walking with him, feeding him; which all seemed to work for a while, he would go back to sleep, then wake up an hour or two later crying again. It made for a long night, but when getting him ready for daycare this morning, he was still not running a fever and he was out like a light.

I bundled him up and dropped him at daycare around 6 am. About 8:15 daycare called me to tell me he was really fussy and was running a temperature of 100.1. Therefore, I made the 30 minute drive to daycare to pick him up, then made the 30 minute drive back to town to get him in to see his pediatrician. I was honestly pretty worried with all the swine flu going around. Well, we finally got in to see his doctor, and his doctor said he had a little bit of congestion (he thought), so he sent him for a 2-view chest x-ray. They also decided to do a nasal swab (which he hated) to test for the flu. The doctor was pretty confident he didn't have the swine flu, but just wanted to rule it out.

My husband met us at the doctors office. I returned to work when everything was done, and he took my car and Dakota home. They'll come back for me this afternoon, and then I'll go home to take care of my baby. The doctors office has already called me back. They said the chest x-rays looked good, no trouble there. However, he did test positive for flu "b". I asked what the heck that was, and the nurse said there is 2 main types of flu they are testing for "a" & "b". The nurse said flu "b" is the lesser of the 2. So, I guess if he had to get one, this is the one to get. They said the only thing to do is regular systematic treatment (try to keep the fever down and keep him hydrated), and it will run its course.

So, nothing too serious, but we've decided we're not traveling 7-8 hours with a sick baby. So, our weekend plans are now cancelled. So, those of you that I normally see, we'll try to catch up with you some other time.

No comments: