Animated Banner

Photobucket

Monday, April 12, 2010

What's Your Opinion...

Alright Ladies, I'm calling on your BTDT (been there - done that) knowledge. I'm early yet, but I'm trying to get everything planned out ahead of time, and I really don't know which way to go, so I'm going to the experts (in case you were wondering, that's YOU)!!!

Dakota's first birthday is June 29th, which falls on a Tuesday this year. This is why I'm needing your opinions. I have three options:
  • Celebrate his birthday on Tuesday, June 29th.
  • Celebrate his birthday on Saturday, June 26th (the Saturday before).
  • Celebrate his birthday on Saturday, July 3rd (the Saturday after).
So, now that you know my options, what would you do?

Most of the family that would be invited is within one hour's drive from us. However, my family (from Schuyler) is planning on being here for his first birthday if at all possible. Even though I think it would be fun to be together over the 4th, I know a lot of people travel or have their own private parties around that time. Plus, my dad has a fire phobia, he just knows that if he isn't home to keep an eye on things that someone is going to burn the house down, so he never wants to be away from home over the 4th. If we have it on the actual day, a Tuesday evening may be hard to get everyone together, as everyone's schedule is different. I'm really thinking that the Saturday before offers the best alternative.

At the same time that I think a party the Saturday before would be best, I'm also thinking that I don't want to ignore his actual day. If you did do the party the Saturday before, would you follow it up with a private (mom, dad & the birthday boy only) party?

As you can see, I need some help. What's your ideas???

2 comments:

Corin said...

I vote Sat. before and a small mom, dad, b-day boy party on his actuall birthday. I think that is your best bet for covering all bases. Family get together, travel plans, and celebrating the actual day. If I were you I would just wait to give him his gift from you until Tue. He'll have plenty of gifts at the Party and still have something to open on the actual day.

Amy said...

I think that's what we're going to do. Even though that was what I was thinking, its nice to run it by someone else to see if it sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the input & helping me make up my mind!!!