Animated Banner

Photobucket

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Back In The Swing Of Things...

Well, we're trying to anyway. It always seems to take me a few days to get back into the swing of things after a long trip like that. I love the time spent away, and visiting with friends and family, but at the same time, its great to get back home and settle back into the normal routine of my daily life.

Dakota & I left for my parents place in Downing last Thursday morning. We arrived around 4-5 pm, after making several stops along the way, such as: Russell Stover Candy Factory in Boonville where Dakota picked out some candy & had a bowl of strawberry ice cream. We had so much fun seeing everyone again. All of my family loved getting to spend so much time with him, and of course, he loved all the attention he was getting.

Friday we all went to Kirksville, we did some shopping. Lucky for me, my little man is a great shopper. I can spend over an hour in Wal-Mart, and he'll never throw a fit. However, shopping always seems to take a while, because he's a FLIRT!!! He'll set in the cart and smile or babble, and then almost every elderly woman and almost every female cashier that passes by will come up and talk to him, pat him, or just look at him; and boy does he eat it up. Thus slowing down my shopping, but I've learned to live with it (I think this was the case with almost every female cashier in Hy-Vee on Friday).

Then as a treat, I took the whole family out to eat at Ponderosa for lunch. Dakota loved the buffet; he had diced ham, noodles, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, lemon pudding & ice cream. I don't think I've ever got him to eat that well at one setting.

Saturday was more visiting and playing. We went across the road to my brother & sister-in-law's house and Dakota played on my nephew's swing set. He loved it!!! We pushed him in the child swing for a little bit, and then we switched over to the slide. (A couple of pictures of him enjoying his time outdoors - may not be the best quality as I took them with my cell phone).



After watching him enjoy swinging and sliding so much, we've decided that we're going to buy him a swing set for his first birthday in June!!!

On Sunday we all went to church and then came home to eat a wonderful dinner. We visited and played some more. Then on Monday morning, we left to return back home to Kansas. After another long trip, we arrived back home around 4-5 pm. Dakota missed seeing Daddy, so he came right in to wake him up and play with him.

So, now we're home and things are pretty much back to normal. The next time we see my family should be when they come to Kansas for Dakota's first birthday at the end of June.

Well, that catches you up on the Conner current events (if you were interested). Until next time, you all take care!!!

No comments: