Animated Banner

Photobucket

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

There's Just Not Enough Time...

The title says it all. I have so much stuff to do, and one, I don't have enough time to do it, and two, I can't seem to motivate myself to do it either. I know, I know, that's laziness on my part. I'm hoping to find a cure for it someday.

I really need to clean my house, I just have no interest in doing something like that by the time I get home each day. What is really bad is, we are going through a slow period at work, and at the moment have very little to do, so while I'm at work, I'm thinking about everything that I could be doing if I wasn't at work. That doesn't make for a very productive day!

I've been buying a few things each week for Baby Dakota. The main goal at the moment is to get the nursery set-up. We've bought the paint, but then learned that we can't just paint the walls. The walls in that room have a plastic type coating on them, so they have to be primed first, so that the paint will stick. I believe that is currently going to be the weekend project -
hopefully!!! My husband and my in-laws are supposed to come down and do it. I planned on doing it myself, but they all threw a fit and said that I didn't need to be painting. So, as long as it gets done, I guess I will amuse them and do what they ask - this time only, it's not going to become a habit! At least once they get the painting done, we have most everything we need to complete the actual nursery layout. We have the crib, dresser, changing table, wallpaper border, a mural to place above the crib, the bedding, the mobile, and a few other miscellaneous items. I'm getting so excited, I can hardly wait!!!

Well, I've bored you all long enough, until next time, enjoy yourselves!

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

I remember getting excited too! When we got the crib, I wanted to put it together even though we would have to move it to put in new carpet. Vance wouldn't let me put it together....i was very disappointed but understood. Have fun and enjoy it!

Corin said...

First off, welcome to the blogging world. Secondly, I think you should take advantage of the fact that your husband and in-laws want to do things for you. Once Dakota gets here people lose intrest in pampering you. I was like you thinking I'm pregnant not disabled I can do things for myself. Now I wish I had played that pregnancy card more often. Steve better prepare himself because if we have another baby I'm going to make him do everything while I'm pregnant. Well, sounds good in theory, I know I wouldn't be able to go through with it. I'd feel to guilty. Have fun decorating.