Animated Banner

Photobucket

Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm Back...

I'm back. Ok, well honestly, I didn't actually go anywhere, I just haven't had any free time. No, that isn't just an excuse, I really haven't.

For the past 13 weeks, I've been covering for a co-worker that was off on medical leave having both knees replaced. HOORAY for her! BOO for me!!! To be honest, it shouldn't have been nearly as bad as it was. When she first went off on medical leave, another co-worker & I were splitting her job between us. It was working perfectly. We were still able to do our individual jobs & then between us cover hers too. Then a couple weeks into this system, the one sharing the extra job with me got fired for refusing to sign the non-disclosure agreement. Since then, I've had my job and the co-workers job. It has been CRAZY! I managed to get everything done, but not without 10-16 hours of overtime a week.

Needless to say, my son HATED that. I'm always there to tuck him in & put him to bed, and there were times that I couldn't be home in time for that over the past 13 weeks. I would get to work around 6:30 am - leave at 3:30 pm (no lunch break), drive 30 minutes to get Dakota from daycare, drive another 15 minutes back home, fix supper, eat quickly, leave & drive 15 minutes back to work, work another 2-4 hours then drive the 15 minutes back home.

 I don't mind filling in for someone else when necessary, but 13 weeks is a long time to have your schedule completely screwed up. I always felt like I had no time for myself. Maybe it's a little selfish of me, but the co-worker returned to work today, and I'm so glad to see her & know that I'm back to my normal routine/schedule.

Things can now, HOPEFULLY, return to normal.



1 comment:

Corin said...

I'm glad things are back to normal. I had when work things creep into family time, it totally sucks. Glad to see you blogging a little too.