Animated Banner

Photobucket

Monday, December 14, 2009

Not As Easy As I Thought...

So, I had this great idea. Picture this with me if you will:

We're going to place the miniature wooden rocking chair in front of the fully decorated Christmas tree. Then we'll take the tallest present and stand up behind the chair. On the other side of the chair we'll put "Snowflake Jake" (Home & Garden Snowman). Now sitting in the chair a cute little boy dressed in his very own Santa suit.

Now that would make a cute picture, don't you think???

Well, I've since learned it may have been a good idea, but it's not as easy as it sounds for the following reasons:

1) Santa didn't want to sit up in the chair.


2) Santa was very interested in trying to eat "Jake", and with everything else going on around him.


3) Santa gives some strange faces. I had a very hard time getting him to even attempt to smile.


4) Finally you just get fed up with the whole idea and you're happy with any shot that can even remotely be called decent. That being said, these were the best shots of the bunch.



So, this was a learning experience. Definitely not as easy as I thought, but we still ended up with some decent pictures. Maybe next year will go a little smoother. Here's hoping!!!

2 comments:

Corin said...

Ah, welcome to world of christmas card photos. This is our third year trying to cordinate these kind of pictures and every year I just get mad and through my hands up. Finally landing on that's good enough, people know what we look like. We usually try to include our very hyper dog in the picture, but she hasn't made it the last two years b/c it's just to hard to get everyone to look decent. Here's to next years atempt.

Amy said...

I feel your pain Corin. By the time we managed to get these photos of just Dakota, I completely gave up on the family ones I was planning right after them. I decided we'd try for some other time when hopefully we were all in a better mood. Also learned I need to start earlier next year, because there's no way they're getting done in time this year!!!