Animated Banner

Photobucket

Monday, October 12, 2009

My How Time Flies...

I guess that old saying "time flies when you're having fun" really is true. As of today, we've added yet another year to the marriage category. Yep, that's right, today's our anniversary. We've been married for 7 years now.

It's amazing the little details you can still remember about a specific occasion, but certain other details or facts you can't remember if your life depended on it. I still remember that we didn't want a big fuss, we wanted something simple. Therefore, we decided not to give anyone much notice. We told his parents the weekend before the ceremony. We were at their house visiting, they said "so, what are you doing next weekend?" James said, "I don't know about you, but we're getting married." You'd have thought we'd dropped a major bomb, as there was complete silence. My group was happy for us, but couldn't make the trip down to join us.

We proceeded on with the week. We planned a very simple ceremony: pastor, bride, groom, witnesses; and that's it. However, then we got that old lecture of: "it's rude not to invite the family", so they ended up telling grandparents and everyone else. Therefore, our wedding of the planned 5 people turned into a wedding of about 50 people. Looking back on it, I guess that was alright. One thing did go as expected, I told everyone we were NOT dressing up, and we didn't! We wore jeans & dress shirts (men) & sweaters (women) as it was raining that day. Not exactly what I wanted, but it still turned out alright.

We've had 7 great years so far (married), we've actually been together for 9 years. I have to say, that this year, with the addition of our son - Dakota to our family, we both agree that this year has been the best one so far. That being said, here's to many more to come!!!

Happy Anniversary, Honey! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Corin said...

Crazy! Get out of my head Amy. Today is also my 7th anniversary. We also only had a weeks notice on our wedding. (My husband was getting deployed with the navy.) I wanted to elope but got the that's rude lecture from my mom. We ended up with about 50 people. I had no idea what a coincidence. Enjoy your anniversary!